Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Doctors, Doctors, Doctors!!!



Nobody ever told me that when you have kids you spend 90% of their young life running them doctors appointments!

This month started off with West getting his first shots. That same week Crew went to his very first dentist appointment. He came out with a good report and a new toothbrush, he was super excited! A few days after that Crew had his post op check up with Dr. Wilcox, his urologist, from his surgery procedure in October. Happy to report it has healed nicely and he was very pleased!

THEN.. about a week later I was in the ER getting preped for surgery!!! Saturday the 20th I wasn't feeling up to par and so that night after we got the boys to bed I decided to go to the ER. After 4 hours of tests and ultrasounds they found out that I had appendicitis! So while Mark was home with the boys sleeping at 4am I was having emergency surgery to remove my appendix! It was quite the unexpected ordeal, but I'm glad I went in!!! I spent the next morning and afternoon in a room recovering having food brought to me, nurses waiting on me, pillows being fluffed and the tv all to myself, and being handed my own pump for pain medicaiton! What more could a new mother of two crazy boys ask for?! I was in Heaven!!! :) I came home later that evening.

BUT, not all this month has been about the doctors. Last week we made a trip up to see great nana Pat and eat some good ol' KFC! We had a nice visit and grandma got to hold West and spend sometime with them both! Grandma and I were both entertained by the things Crew was telling us. Everything from "papa stinky" to "cats". He was full of wonder and stories! Wonder where he gets that?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment